OK. so that past couple of years we have really gotten into gardening. We have planted many different types. Among some of our favs and best growers are: lantana, verbena, plumbago, oleander, our crepe myrtles, and various breeds of roses..
Many of you ask about our roses, so hear goes. We have have 14 different roses--and have been happy with all so far. I took a couple pictures of our favorites. The first is "Belinda's Dream" and the second is "Judy Garland." I personally prefer the hybrid teas and ones with lots of petals. Some other favorites we have are: Ingrid Bergman, Mr. Lincoln, Strike it Rich, and Neptune. All have done very well here in the Texas heat and bloom most of the year. The most important thing is good soil and placement (right amount of sun/water). I'll try to take some more pictures of our roses as they bloom.


Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Angie! I found your blog through a couple of people and had to say hello. Congratulations on your precious new little boy! He is the cutest and fits right in with those beautiful Wade children! I had to comment because we also LOVE our Belinda's Dream roses and you have inspired me to go get some more roses to plant. My favorite flowers to plant are Plumbago. Love the color! Hope all is well and hopefully we can see each other soon.
Beautiful! I remember when you started your landscaping/gardening. Wow! You all have a green thumb. I am impressed with your knowledge. We can't wait to have a yard to garden. I'll have to get some tips on where to research. You have a beautiful bloom, Hayley. She is growing up too!
very nice roses!! we've been thinking of doing some but had no idea where to start. thanks for the recomendations! oh and haley looks so grown up! so cute!
Post a Comment